5 Healthy Habits For A Busy Schedule
Having a hectic schedule and wanting to introduce some healthy habits for a busy mom may feel like an additional stressor. The truth is that those healthy habits may add extra energy necessary to accomplish all the tasks, hence they contribute to reducing the stress. Here are a few healthy habits you could and should introduce into your hectic schedule to make them a painless part of your normal routine:
- Having enough sleep with a new born baby may be a mission impossible, but it is essential for your overall wellbeing – physical and physiological state. Your energy level and cognitive functioning will be reduced when you’re having too little sleep. Different people require a different amount of sleep, therefore only you know how many hours you should be sleeping to feel the best. Although a new mom typically loses some sleep during the night, your and your partner could introduce shifts or take turns with getting up with your child every other night.
- Walk whenever possible instead of driving. If you should drive park your car a little bit further from your destination point so that you could have a stroll. Avoid, however, walking alongside a busy road as you’d be breathing air heavily polluted by vehicles. Whenever possible pay a personal visit to your parents, friends or colleagues instead of phoning or emailing. Even 15 minutes of walking would increase your energy level and can also help to clear your head before sleep or the next task.
- Fit in at least 90 minutes of exercising throughout the week. If it is complicated to accommodate a gym training use exercise tapes or a personal trainer coming to your home. Exercise bike is one of the most convenient fitness equipments that can be used at home while catching up your reading or watching tv, which saves time.
- Drink enough water. Dehydration is one of the reasons for feeling fatigued during the day. It’s also great for your digestive and circulatory system, and beauty. If you have a bottle of water with you it’s easy to remember. You can also add a slice of lemon or lime to your water to make it taste better and enrich it with vitamin C. Try to cut down on drinks high in sugar and coffee since they dehydrate you. Choose to drink juice, green tea or water instead.
- Plan your meals for the week. A list of products for your meals will make your shopping for groceries faster and easier. and Keep it simple. This will also help you steer clear from take-out or fast food that are not healthy. Although fresh fruits and vegetables are the most beneficial, it’s a good idea to by some frozen vegetables for occasional quick healthy meals.
The sooner you’ll start integrating the healthy habits into your life the sooner they’ll become a natural part of your daily routine. You’ll soon notice that you gain much more that you lose time!