Natural Remedies for Back Pain – Acupressure Mat For Lower and Upper Back Pain Relief
Over 80 percent of American adults suffer from back pain. Physiotherapy, diet and acupuncture are between the most popular natural remedies. A spiky acupressure mat is a home remedy for back pain. Whilst it is meant for symptomatic relief rather than as a preventive measure or a miracle cure it does make life easier and more enjoyable for many sufferers. It may help with lower and upper back pain, compressed disc issues, and the stiffness caused by aging and osteoarthritis. It is a much healthier alternative to pain medicines that involve steroids and OTC anti-inflammatories since it does not have side effects.
Acupressure Mat for Lower and Upper Back is a padded mat with a lot of sharp plastic points that are meant to increase amount of blood flow and endorphins (pain inhibitors) in response to the “pain” caused by these points. Pain relief by the acupressure mat depends on the amount of endorphins being released by the body, thus different people may experience different results. Most users experience a strong relaxation that help them to get proper night sleep and some would use the benefits throughout the day. A pilot medical study by Dr. Tanya Zilberter in North Carolina¹ confirmed the benefits of acupressure mats. A whooping 98 percent of study participants that were using acupressure mats reported pain relief, 96 percent reported relaxation, 94 percent reported improved sleep, and 81 percent reported an increase in energy levels.
It may hurt for the first time you use it, or at least be uncomfortable until you get accustomed to laying on the spikes. The manufacturer instructions suggest putting a thin shirt, which would help building up your tolerance for the spikes. Using it with your clothes on wouldn’t give you the full benefits. When using it with a bare skin it may give you a burning sensation due to increased blood flow, especially in the areas which have the most pain and are in the biggest need of therapy. It is not recommended to use an acupressure mat if you have sun burn, or open wounds, suffer from epilepsy, have a blood disorder or are using anticoagulants, or are pregnant.
- It may be too painful for people with a lower pain threshold or very sensitive skin and not effective enough for a person with a lower body weight due to insufficient body pressure.
- It is not a cure therefore must be used an a daily basis for a chronic back relief.
- It is a natural pain relief that does not cause negative side effects while majority of users report improved energy levels.
- While it may not work for everyone over 90 percent of users¹ reported pain relief, improved sleep and relaxation.
- It is an affordable (cheap) alternative to expensive acupuncture sessions.
Read real customers’ reviews about acupressure mats and their benefits