Get Your Body Back After Pregnancy Quickly
Typically a new mum loses 1 stone (6 kg) quickly after giving birth. The rest of the weight gained during pregnancy melts away slowly. You can try to speed up the process of losing weight but only in a manner that is safe for you and your baby. Keep in mind that it is a long and gradual process, so arm yourself with patience and positive attitude. If you aim to lose weight too quickly there will be no benefit to you or your baby. Do not severely restrict your diet if you are breast-feeding – baby would be missing essential nutrients. Including in the diet fatty foods in the hope that the milk will become a richer also is not a good idea. All the fat will settle on your hips and waist instead of changing the composition of the milk. Eating 5-6 times a day and replacing juice with fruit is a far better strategy.
Following a slimming diet or taking slimming pills in order to lose weight fast is not healthy. Instead focus on your food when having a meal and eat slowly. To avoid fat in your diet you can use special kitchen ware that does not require or require very little of fat or oil. In addition drink more water (but not with your meal), resist eating just before going to bed. Losing 0.15 stone or 1 kg of weight after giving birth within one month should be the optimal result that means no harm to you nor your baby.
Daily Exercises For Loosing Weight
Special exercises, which can be performed as early as 3-4 days after birth, should help you to strengthen your abdominal muscles and bladder, and help to prevent hemorrhoids. (a common problem after giving birth).
- Lie on your back, hold the hands along the body. Alternately bend your legs at the knees and hips. Holding your feet firmly on the floor arch the back away from the floor up towards the ceiling. Slowly suck in and tighten the butt muscles and try to hold for five seconds while continuing to breathe normally. Then relax and come to a previous position.
- Lie on your back, hold the hands along the body. Keep your shoulders, head and heels on the floor and tilt your butt and abdominal area from the floor while keeping your legs stretched. Firmly squeeze your stomach and butt muscles. Return to the sprevious position and relax.
- Lie on your stomach and hold on to the edge of the bed with your both hands. Tilt your right leg up towards the ceiling, then come back to a previous position and repeat it with your left leg. Repeat the exercise with your both legs at the same time. Try to breath normally.
- Keep your knees and hands on the floor. Stretch your abdominal muscles and back towards the floor and try to hold for five seconds while continuing to breathe normally.
- Keep your knees and hands on the floor. Lift your straight left leg up towards the ceiling, then fold it towards the belly. Return to the previous position and repeat with your right leg.
After the work out relax, close your eyes and breathe deeply. Performing the routine on a daily basis should get you back in the shape within 6 or 9 months. If you didn’t lose any weight within that time contact an endocrinologist or dietitian in order to determine the cause of overweight and prescribe appropriate treatment.
More about after-pregnancy fitness